WinSem2017 call for applications
Call for Applications
Law, Politics, Economy and Society in Central and Eastern Europe
20-25 February 2017
at Széchenyi István University
Faculty of Law and Political Sciences
The interdisciplinary intensive seminar offers a university course and a forum for students and young researchers.
- Noted lecturers and professors from different Central European universities are going to help to discuss legal, political, social, economic and EU-aspects concerning democracy in Europe and in our region.
- The basic idea of our dialogue is that democracy is worth protecting and democracy is protecting us. Main issues of discussions are: concepts and contexts of democracy; values of the European Union vs national constitutional identity of member states; constitutional adjudication and the European Court of Human Rights safeguarding democracy.
- The seminar will include lectures on thematic issues, workshop opportunities with the active contribution of participants and cultural events as well.
Venue – official programme: Széchenyi István University, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Building “J”
H-9026 Győr, Áldozat str. 12. (Hungary).
Period: 20-25 February 2017 (academic program from Monday to Friday).
- The Seminar is open for graduate students and PhD candidates as young researchers from the fields of legal, economic, social or international studies from all over Europe.
- 25 places are provided for incoming students from abroad.
- The language of the Seminar is English.
- We present certificates on the participation and contributions.
- You can obtain 5 ECTS credit points.
- Registration fee: 40 EUR (shall be paid at the registration) that covers the
- accommodation in a ***Hotel in the vicinity of the Faculty (incl. breakfast and lunch),
- technical background, handing-outs and the publication of the scientific results of workshop sessions,
- cultural programme – including visit to the archabbey of Pannonhalma, visiting a wine cellar and a rich dinner of Hungarian cuisine.
20 January 2017
How to apply to the Winter Seminar 2017?
The application shall include:
- filled application form (available here)
- letter of recommendation from a professor (not compulsory but recommended)
All documents should be sent via e-mail to
Ms. Orsolya Szalay (assistant) –email@example.com
Dr. Peter Smuk (Head of Department) – firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicants will be informed about the results until 5 February 2017.
Information and contact:
- on the emails above;
Join us on facebook: